There are always symbols that appear on your screen at the top which signifies which internet facility are you currently availing. I’m mentioning them below in points.
- ‘G’ stands for GPRS i.e. General Packet Radio Service and is the slowest in comparison to all other standards. It is used in the GSM i.e Global System for Mobile or we can simply say 2G.
- ‘E’ is an extension of GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) and is called EDGE i.e. Enhanced Data(rates for) GSM Evolution. It is correspondingly a little faster than GPRS, but still uses the old GSMor 2G.
- ‘3G’ stands for UMTS i.e. Universal Mobile Telecommunication System and is the successor to the GSM and much faster.
- HSPA i.e. High Speed Packet Access is a 3rd Generation (3G) technology based on UMTSstandards offering faster data download speeds at the cost of upload speeds. The HSPA family of technologies is quite large, covering High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA), and Evolved High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+).
- ‘H’ stands for HSPA family members like HSDPAor HSUPA.
- ‘H+’ stands for HSPA+. Both use the UMTS.
- H is faster than 3G and H+ is faster than H.
- 4G (Fourth Generation) stands for LTE (Long Term Evolution) and is the fastest.
If any of these symbols appear on top of your mobile screen. Now you can know which internet facility you are currently using.
Feel free to message me if any query.
- Lead Developer at Delbimax Websolutions
Expert in Mobile App, Web Technology, SEO, Digital Marketing & Training.
- Business Development2020.12.09How to Sell Digital Products? 5 Best Product Ideas and Tips to Increase Your Sales
- techie2020.11.12Photoshop Toolbar and Tools: How to Use in Photoshop C6 – CC 2019
- Business Development2020.08.2312 Reasons Why Your Business Absolutely Needs SEO
- Business Development2020.08.15The Ultimate Guide to Running Effective Facebook Ads